Achieving Actual Success with Manufacturing Operations (MES)
To-date, most companies have implemented ERP and are now ready for the next step to meet this year’s overall business goals — via a Manufacturing Operations platform (often dubbed “MES”).
Many companies have accumulated dozens of custom “MES” solutions that are difficult to maintain/evolve. They face the same challenge to meet business goals/targets, perhaps even greater than those without an MES.
At Wonderware North, we’re engaged in dozens of active MES deployments across a variety of industries at any given time. In all cases, our customers are looking to solve common problems in their manufacturing environments.
- Reduce Cost (Scrap)
- Manage Recipes
- Improve Quality
- Better integrate ERP to the plant floor
- Reduce production bottlenecks
- Calculate Total Line OEE instead of “OEE”
- Gain Traceability
Or you may be facing challenges like:
- More custom systems than you have manufacturing lines
- Throwing technology at business problems
- Someone setting off the fire alarm when they hear the word “MES”
- Duplicate information, or gaps in info
- Inability to integrate to plant systems and supply chain systems
- Having true ownership of your own systems
- Or worrying when Hal is going to retire and along with it the ability to edit your “MES”
Properly implemented (combining real business needs into a true functional scope) and with capable software underneath has been the Wonderware North answer. (And we can call it “Manufacturing Operations” to avoid the false fire alarms!)
To engage our team to learn more, email email@example.com or call 877-900-4996.
How to reach us:
Share this article: