An Introduction to InTouch OMI
With the release of System Platform 2017 comes the introduction of a revolutionary new display client called InTouch OMI (Operations Management Interface). The digital manufacturing benefits of Industry 4.0 and Industrial IoT necessitate the integration of automation and HMI/SCADA software with other enterprise applications. This is often where gaps are found in HMI/SCADA due to the complexity of architecture and interoperability/integration challenges inherent in trying to integrate the interfaces of multiple key systems into a single application. And this is exactly why Wonderware Developed InTouch OMI.
InTouch OMI expands the scope beyond the traditional things that you would do with a HMI or SCADA, into areas that are more operationally focused. For example, this may include accessing maps, log books, or other applications that are core to how you are executing your operation – all seamlessly part of a single Plant floor interface. InTouch OMI targets integration points are not just PLCs and controllers but also other software systems, web services, cloud infrastructure components, and services you may get from the internet.
What’s more, InTouch OMI is built on a responsive application framework that offers modern user experiences for all device platforms without requiring scripting or programming. Quickly create OMI applications and deploy them across traditional displays, tablets, phones, large screen displays, etc. in minutes. InTouch OMI is System Platform model aware so your OMI interface is automatically built from your plant model without any extra scripting or screen development.
In this webinar, we’ll review:
- What is InTouch OMI?
- How InTouch OMI leverages prebuilt standards and an application framework that drives best practices, eliminates the need for UI scripting, and is more accessible for non-technical users.
- How InTouch OMI is amazingly responsive – every screen optimized with the same content.
- The extreme re-usability of InTouch OMI across any display platform.
- How users can easily create a mash-up of native & partner developed Apps to provide context beyond just process data.
- How InTouch OMI provides greater situational awareness – context driven integrated apps/analytics/ unified KPIs.
- How InTouch OMI will change the way people develop and deploy plant floor interfaces forever.
Join us for this free webinar to learn more about InTouch OMI and “Build It Better” with Wonderware North.
Topic: An Introduction to InTouch OMI
Date: Wednesday, October 18, 2017
Time: 2:00 pm EST
Click here to register for this free webinar.
How to reach us:
Share this article: