InTouch 2012 R2 Release
Voted #1 HMI on the market by ARC and Capturing Control Engineering’s Reader’s Choice Award for 2012, InTouch remains the #1 HMI product for yet another year. It’s hard to see how the best product on the market can keep getting better but the release of InTouch 2012 R2 has done just that. InTouch 2012 R2, delivers even greater performance, higher security, easier installation, higher engineering and operator productivity, improved integration, enhanced high availability and disaster recovery and support for new software technologies. InTouch 2012 R2 is the first HMI to support Microsoft Hyper-V and VMware’s vSphere version 5.0 and ESXi version 5.0 virtualization platforms for high availability, disaster recovery and fault tolerance applications.
Additionally, InTouch 2012 R2 supports Microsoft’s new Remote Desktop Services (formerly Terminal Services) helping reduce cost, improve performance and allow greater flexibility. For mobile users, InTouch 2012 R2 supports the latest mobile platform from Microsoft, Windows 7 Embedded. Now your mobile workers can take InTouch 2012 R2 applications with them anywhere in the plant, helping them stay better informed and in control of vital processes. If that were not enough, InTouch 2012 R2 pushes up the bar even further with a long list of enhancements.
InTouch 2012 R2 provides better performance and usability through greater window management flexibility, improved operator efficiency and optimized resources for Remote Desktop Services.
- Smart Cache Memory Management in WindowViewer maximizes utilization of memory resources ensuring faster Window availability. Easily control memory usage, memory limits, and priority of Window availability
- ArchestrA Graphics draw times are now 20% faster and use 15% less memory
- New automatic CPU Core balancing delivers faster session response for Remote Desktop sessions and more efficient hardware utilization
- New memory caching options for Show Symbol and Show Graphic script functions help improve screen response
Centrally Manage InTouch 2012 R2 Applications
The new Wonderware Development Studio 2012 R2 allows centralized management of InTouch 2012 R2 Runtime applications via the ArchestrA IDE (Integrated Development Environment).
- Manage InTouch 2012 R2 applications from your desktop via the enterprise network
- Change InTouch 2012 R2 applications from your desktop via the enterprise network
- Deploy InTouch 2012 R2 applications from your desktop via the enterprise network
- Drive standards, lower risk and improve development efficiency
InTouch 2012 R2 provides broader support for important, new security technologies.
- Supports Microsoft SmartCard Authentication – lowering the risk of unauthorized system access
- Supports ArchestrA Security while using Microsoft SmartCard Authentication
- Supports Microsoft Remote Services and the access of a single designated application, not the entire desktop
- Delivers the LogOnCurrentUser InTouch script function which works in tandem with ArchestrA Security for configuring Operating System (OS) Groups and User security modes in InTouch 2012 R2
Higher Engineering & Operator Productivity
Already the easiest and most powerful HMI/SCADA product on the market, InTouch 2012 R2 brings even more ease of use capability to the table.
- InTouch 2012 R2 applications maintain their aspect ratios regardless of the monitor resolution – making engineering changes faster and simpler
- New Window Thumbnail Preview in WindowMaker enables users to easily identify individual Windows with a simple mouse-over in Classic and Project View
- New “ShowGraphic” script function launches ArchestrA Graphics in a pop-up window – enabling more intuitive and interactive Windows
- New runtime Tag Viewer with access to the tagname dictionary improves testing, reduces development time and enhances application stability and reliability
- New “GetWindowName” script function allows advanced management of open window position, size, color, and printing
- Microsoft SQL Express is supported for smaller implementations
- New Close Window Button allows operators to quickly close windows they are not using
- Easily synchronize all on-screen blink animations to reduce operator eye strain
InTouch 2012 R2 supports communication with multiple ArchestrA applications or “Galaxies.” Now, each InTouch 2012 R2 remote reference can read/write data to any specified ArchestrA application (Galaxy), allowing the unification of all of your ArchestrA based applications for users of System Platform 2012 R2 with Multi-Galaxy communication. And remember, InTouch is the only product on the market that has maintained a two click upgrade path for over 20 years. So making the jump to 2012 R2 is a simple as opening your older version InTouch application in this latest version. Literally nobody else on the market can make this claim.
Contact Wonderware North Sales to learn more about InTouch 2012 R2!
We’re happy to help any way we can.
How to reach us:
Share this article: