MES SUCCESS STORY / BREWERY
A popular craft brewer planned a significant expansion to align with increased product demand. Manufacturing needed to migrate from paper data collection and work instructions into real-time and automated data collection.
Working with our Wonderware Expert Services team, the customer was able to standardize their plant floor System Platform SCADA environment and extend that solution to incorporate AVEVA MES, providing accurate, real-time views into production and performance and a framework for continuous improvement.
Location: United States
Software Products: AVEVA System Platform, AVEVA MES (Quality, Performance, Operations)
- Standardize the plant floor information management systems into a single, supportable environment
- Move away from paper-based processes to a system that provides a unified understanding of the plant production performance
- Provide plant operators and managers visibility of line performance KPIs to provide a real-time view of plant performance and production status
- The rapid expansion of the largest brewery had left the operation with multiple, disconnected legacy systems
- Consolidate core systems that had been maintained separately, based on differing standards
- Our Wonderware Expert Services team performed an audit of core System Platform infrastructure and unified standards and structures, allowing the system to be further extended to solve the production challenges
- AVEVA MES was implemented to capture comprehensive genealogy and traceability data automatically
• Eliminated paper-based manual data collection
• Automated routine analysis by presenting real-time data from fermentation
- The resulting system provides at-a-glance line and overall plant status (dashboards)
- The repurposed manual data collection effort allows operators to perform more value-added work
- Collected data is now available to drive continuous improvement efforts
Contact us today to put our Wonderware Expert Services team to work on your MES digital transformation project!
Certified MES Training
Wonderware North offers a curriculum of training courses for a variety of AVEVA MES software products:
- System Platform I
- MES Operations and Performance
- MES Quality Module
- AVEVA Work Tasks
Go beyond training with our certified senior-level instructors who combine expert technical skills and knowledge of best practices to create real-work application experiences.